Facebook Pixel Gunshots Fired At International Board President Whose Body Was Recently ICC Suspended | CREX
  • Home
  • Cricket News
  • Gunshots Fired At International Board President Whose Body Was Recently Icc Suspended 6A0eb220bc4e0baeebc490a7

Gunshots Fired At International Board President Whose Body Was Recently ICC Suspended



PCB Chief Mohsin Naqvi with ICC Chair Jay Shah. Image Credits: ChatGPTPCB Chief Mohsin Naqvi with ICC Chair Jay Shah. Image Credits: ChatGPT

Cricket Canada has found itself in big controversies over the summer after their recent T20 World Cup appearance in India. Following the exposé of the match-fixing allegations, the board president and players are currently under the scanner for influencing the results when they were in India.

But the problem lay way deeper than just players and board members being linked to the suspected organised crimes. The infamous Lawrence Bishnoi group is said to be involved in the matter, and the gunshots were also fired outside the board president’s house recently.

Just days after the ICC suspended Cricket Canada, the shooting has raised concerns over players’ and officials’ safety.

Gunshots fired outside Cricket Canada’s president’s house

The incident took place in the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, outside Arvinder Khosa’s Surrey residence. As confirmed by Khosa himself, several gunshots were fired in Surrey, Newton, British Columbia, at around 4:40 AM (local time).

Fortunately, no injuries were reported, but as per the images from the neighbourhood, it is suspected that around five bullets were shot at the doors and windows of the house. According to the Surrey Police, the early investigation suggests this was an extortion-related shooting.

“An individual associated to the residence that was shot this morning has received extortion-related threats," Sergeant Ali Gailus told The Fifth Estate in an email.

Also Read: Tamim Iqbal Issues New Update On India vs Bangladesh 2026 Series

Fixing allegations on Canada

Earlier this summer, the fifth estate’s YouTube documentary revealed some concerning facts about the current situation of cricket in Canada. In the 43-minute-long video, it was suggested that the New Zealand vs Canada match in the T20 World Cup was being investigated by the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit for spot fixing.

The 23-year-old Dilpreet Bajwa, who was shockingly made the captain of the team ahead of the competition, is said to be one of the cogs involved in the fixing. They also revealed that the team selections and batting lineups were heavily influenced from the outside.

In the aftermath of the match against New Zealand in Chennai, Bajwa was also summoned by the ACU for investigation purposes after he surprisingly bowled the 5th over of the NZ innings, when they were 35/2 and went for 15 runs and bowled a no-ball in the over. He had also shocked the commentators and fans with this questionable decision in the afternoon.

Cricket Canada has also been in the midst of administrative turmoil for a significant period now, and Arvinder Khosa was elected as the president on May 9, having taken up the interim role back in April.

Just a week into his term as the president, the suspension from ICC has added a lot of responsibility on Arvinder Khosa's shoulder to steer Canada's ship in one of the worst periods in their cricketing history.

Canada’s winless T20 World Cup

In their tour of India for the 20-team T20 World Cup, Canada put on a couple of great performances, including Yuvraj Samra’s century vs New Zealand.

However, at the end of the campaign, they had nothing to show for on the points table. They suffered four back-to-back losses to South Africa, UAE, New Zealand and Afghanistan. Notably, they were one of the only three sides without a win in the whole competition, while many other associates impressed in the competition.

The suspension of the board has now further put their development under the scanner.

Also Read: BCCI Separates Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma