Facebook Pixel 2 Mumbai Indians Players Ruled Out Of IPL 2026 Due To Injury | CREX
  • Home
  • Cricket News
  • 2 Mumbai Indians Players Ruled Out Of Ipl 2026 Due To Injury 6A0c2a98bc0e04cb3ab18c02

2 Mumbai Indians Players Ruled Out Of IPL 2026 Due To Injury



Mumbai Indians [Source: AFP]
Mumbai Indians [Source: AFP]

Mumbai Indians have suffered a major setback in the ongoing IPL 2026 season, as two key players have been ruled out due to injuries. The five-time IPL champions have already had a disappointing season, and these injuries have made the situation even tougher for the team.

Notably, Mumbai Indians have struggled to perform consistently and has managed to win only four out of their 12 matches so far. Because of these poor results, Mumbai Indians have officially been knocked out of the playoff race along with Lucknow Super Giants (LSG). 

At present, MI are placed among the bottom two teams on the IPL 2026 points table with only eight points, while they still have two league matches left to play.

Mumbai Indians Suffer Major Setback

On Tuesday, Mumbai Indians confirmed that opener Quinton de Kock will miss the rest of IPL 2026 because of a tendon injury in his left wrist. It is important to note that his absence is a major blow for the team because Quinton de Kock is one of the most experienced batters in the squad.

The South African wicketkeeper-batter played an important role for Mumbai Indians this season. Bought for just 1 crore, Quinton de Kock impressed everyone with his aggressive batting performances. 

The MI opener scored 132 runs in only three innings and maintained a brilliant strike rate of 162.96. Therefore, losing Quinton de Kock at this stage of the tournament is a big setback for the batting department.

Also Read: Arshdeep Singh Racism Case- Troubles Mount For PBKS Pacer As IPL Ban Demand Arises

Raj Angad Bawa Also Ruled Out Of IPL 2026

Meanwhile, young all-rounder Raj Angad Bawa has also been ruled out of the remainder of the season after suffering a ligament tear in his right thumb during Mumbai Indians’ previous match against Punjab Kings.

Notably, Raj Angad Bawa made his IPL debut this year and showed promise in the few opportunities he received. 

In two innings, the all-rounder picked up two wickets and also scored 16 runs against RCB. Although Raj Angad Bawa was still developing as a player, his performances gave MI another useful option in both batting and bowling.

Mumbai Indians Statement On Injured Players

MI released an official statement regarding both injured players. The franchise said that Quinton de Kock and Raj Angad Bawa will continue their rehabilitation at their respective homes.

"Both Quinton and Raj Bawa will continue their rehab in their respective homes, with support and guidance from the Mumbai Indians medical team to help them return to play as soon as possible," MI said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the franchise also confirmed that replacement players for both cricketers will be announced soon.

Notably, MI are scheduled to face Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) at Eden Gardens on Wednesday, May 20. After that, they will play their final IPL 2026 league match at home against Rajasthan Royals on Sunday, May 24.

Also Read: KKR Star Finn Allen Joins Chris Gayle's Team For New T20 Tournament