Facebook Pixel Tanzid Hasan Gives Massive Scare To Bangladesh Before Mackay Test vs Australia | CREX
  • Home
  • Cricket News
  • Tanzid Hasan Gives Massive Scare To Bangladesh Before Mackay Test Vs Australia

Tanzid Hasan Gives Massive Scare To Bangladesh Before Mackay Test vs Australia



Tanzid Hasan [Source: AFP]Tanzid Hasan [Source: AFP]

Bangladesh crushed Australia by nine wickets in Darwin last weekend to secure a historic Test win ‘Down Under’. Visiting opener Tanzid Hasan, playing only the second Test of his career, punched out a fighting century to set up a huge first innings advantage for his side.

It now appears that the 25-year-old might skip Bangladesh’s impending series-decider against Australia in Mackay owing to an injury scare. The cricketer even missed Bangladesh’s batting training session in the city on Thursday, August 20. 

Bangladesh suffers massive Tanzid Hasan scare before decider

Tanzid Hasan was forced to skip Bangladesh’s batting training session in Mackay on Thursday, August 20, i.e., just a couple of days prior to the series-deciding second Test at the venue. The cricketer spent a large part of the batting session standing in a corner alongside chief selector and former national captain Habibul Bashar. 

Also Read- Australia Squad Vs Bangladesh For 2nd Test Announced; Matt Renshaw Returns

It is understood that Tanzid did not bat during the training session owing to discomfort in his neck. Suffering from neck stiffness, a recent report states that the Bangladesh team management did not want to risk any injury to the 25-year-old just before the all-important second and final match of the tour. 

Will Tanzid Hasan play second Test for Bangladesh?

As reported by Cricbuzz, the Bangladesh team management is hopeful of Tanzid Hasan overcoming his neck stiffness to play the upcoming second Test of the tour against hosts Australia.

Moreover, the report also indicates that the team management is expecting for Tanzid to return to the nets and resume his training session soon. 

However, as their backup plan, all-rounder Soumya Sarkar received an extended crack in the nets. It now appears that the Bangladesh team management will include Sarkar in the playing XI for the second Test, in case the in-form opener fails to make a full recovery from his neck injury.

Bangladesh to lock playing XI before match, says coach

Apart from Tanzid Hasan’s apparent neck injury, senior pro and legendary wicketkeeper-batter Mushfiqur Rahim also recently copped a blow to his finger. However, much to the relief of Bangladesh fans, the prolific middle-order batter did resume his batting after receiving medical assistance. 

Fast bowler Shoriful Islam will also be available for selection for the second Test, after the speedster missed the series-opener in Darwin owing to his injury concern. 

When asked if the Bangladesh team will go in with a fourth fast bowler in Mackay, visiting head coach Phil Simmons said that Bangladesh will decide its playing XI for the second Test just before the match. 

Bangladesh on the verge of history in Australia

Bangladesh recently recorded its first-ever Test win on Australian soil, doing so under the leadership of Najmul Hossain Shanto. Either a win or a draw in the impending second Test at the Great Barrier Reef Arena in Mackay will help Bangladesh become only the second Asian side in history to register a Test series win in Australia. 

Centurion Tanzid Hasan and fast bowler Hasan Mahmud emerged as Bangladesh’s heroes of the first Test last week, and both cricketers will also be expected to play a huge role in the upcoming decider for the visitors.

Also Read- Jay Shah's ICC Announces Massive Change After Mohsin Naqvi's Request